Production: Editing, Good start!

 Working on a team film project can be an exciting experience. It can also be overwhelming. As a team, you want to make sure that the final product is something that you can all be proud of. One way to ensure this is by working together.


I got on the phone with my group members to discuss our progress on the film project. Naturell had all the footage on her phone, but it was a lot to sort through. I offered to help organize and cut the footage to make the editing process smoother.

We sent the videos back and forth with each other, discussing which clips were essential to the story and which could be cut. It was a collaborative effort, and we all provided our input to make sure the film was coherent and engaging.

I also helped filter the videos to make them look nicer. With some color grading and minor adjustments, we were able to give the footage a more polished look.

It was interesting to be on this side of editing. Last year, I was doing the opposite, taking cut clips from my group mates and making the final project. This time, I was able to contribute to the editing process and see firsthand how the different clips could be pieced together to create a cohesive story.

I definitely think Naturell is better at editing than me. She has a great eye for detail and knows how to make the footage look its best. She also somewhat enjoyed it, which is more than I can say about myself. I somewhat enjoy it, but only for small projects. Long projects make me bored, and I lose focus fast. Even last year, when I was doing the opening sequence, I was getting sick of it.

Overall, helping a friend edit a team film project by cutting footage can be a rewarding experience. It allows you to work together towards a common goal and learn new skills. With the right attitude and approach, you can create a film that you can all be proud of.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Partners, again!

Editing: Experimentation

Script Blog