Filming: A productive day!

 Today was the official start to our filming, and it went surprisingly well. 

We started by meeting at the filming location in the early afternoon to make sure that we would not run into sunset too early on. I was responsible for carrying the storyboard as I was the one who drew the pictures. Along with Jorge and Christian I also has two other friends come with too help us film as well, we felt like more people in the video would enrich the video. 

I started off by reviewing the storyboard and explaining everyone's main roles, not that they were too overly complicated. Jorge in a sense played the “main character” but the video mainly just attempts to show people not really tell a specific person's story. 

My one friend was running a bit late so I shot a few of the establishing shots which we didn’t need everyone for. 

After my last friend arrived we began to shoot the main shots. Since I drew the storyboards I was mainly responsible for the actual filming aspect and I played the role of the director mainly. 

The first shots we filmed were the ones involving the bike since my dad and i had to bring it to the park for those few seconds of footage we needed. We filmed jorge arriving and leaving the park which are the first and last shot of the video.

We then moved to filming the scene where jorge is greeted by everyone who is standing on a small hill after he arrives. That one was a bit difficult to get the right angle for but I was eventually able to get it. 

We then moved to the scene of the group entering a mysterious back area in the park. The first shot was of them entering the area acting curious about what could be back there. The second shows them scared of what they saw. 

I then had an idea to go behind this large wall that exists to block the sound of the nearby train track to show them walking towards the area where they get scared. 

After that we moved onto the scenes of everyone playing around at the park which come before the exploration scenes I just mentioned. It was a bit difficult to work out the timing of this shot but eventually we got it right where everyone ran together after a frisbee. 

I then had everyone go play on the playground equipment as a possible time filler incase the other shots were too short for the video. We actually got some pretty funny shots of jorge climbing trees and christian playing on a toy zebra. 

We then walked the half mile walk to the lake at the entrance to film a shot showing jorge seeing a reflection of himself in the lake and the group getting scared. 

Overall today went well, we got pretty much all the shots we needed. We might have to go back but it is unlikely that we will need to get anymore major shots done again.

Shown below is a picture of the park



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Partners, again!

Editing: Experimentation

Script Blog