Editing: And......done!

  Today I began the final stages of editing the music video. 

I began by re editing a few clips that I now realize were too long. Some clips were not cut properly and had some parts showing unimportant things such as the street while waiting for Jorge to come into the shot. As well as one shot I forgot to save all together, and had to re-edit. 

After fixing that Issue I then moved on to putting the last of the clips together. I then messed around with the transition shots between the clips. I ended up using multiple different ones for each shot. Some scenes transitions better suited them than others. 

Usually if there was a major scene change I found a transition shot that best suited it. One example of this was when everyone ran out of the forest. I used a transition shot right before the jump cut so it would flow better. 

I then moved on to the audio part of the video. I downloaded an audio version of the song from youtube to emp3. I then took the file and dropped it in the software so I could use it in the video. I took the sound and edited it so it was 1 minute 30 seconds. I had to cut out a bit of it to make sure that it would end at the correct time in the video. This was a bit difficult to figure out the correct time as the song is over four minutes long, I eventually settled on stopping it right after the first corus ends right before the verse starts again. 

I then joined a discord call with my group mates again and we went over the video and made a few lighting adjustments. 

Overall editing was actually not as hard as I had feared. You can obviously do a lot more complex things but for the basic things I did for this project it wasn’t too difficult. I had quite a bit of fun doing this, I will probably experiment with editing more things in the future.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Partners, again!

Editing: Experimentation

Script Blog