Filming: It's hot!

 Well, today we were finally able to start the filming process for the commercial we had been preparing for. Rashawn, Hadar, Jorge, and I all decided that our location to film at would be the school track/ football field. We decided on this as we felt a track would be best to showcase a specific pair of shoes. 

I, unfortunately, forgot one of my workout shirts at home so I had to borrow one from Jorge. I did thankfully wear the right shoes though, they have no visible logo on them, making them perfect for this commercial. 

Jorge and I are the main actors in the commercial. We were the two racers, Jorge being the one wearing the advertised shoes(the Nike Pegasus 38). We also had Hadar briefly filling in the role of the finish line and a reporter at the end.

When we first got out there we filmed the scene of Jorge and I lining up and stretching as people do before a race. That took a few tries as it was very windy outside and our hair kept covering our faces. 

We then filmed us both preparing to take off, and us taking off sprinting. I started slightly ahead of him so the situation would seem dire to the audience. 

After that, we moved to the other side of the field to allow some fellow students to use the area we had previously occupied. We went to the other side of the field and filmed the interview with Jorge after he wins the race. This was the last part of the storyboard but it was the perfect time to do the shot. We ended up adding small detail to the scene. That detail was me pretending to cry in the back having lost to Jorge and his Pegasus 38’s. 

The students we let use our area left so we went back to discuss what we wanted to do next. We ended up not even needing that area anymore and went right back to the area we filmed the interview scene. 

The reason we chose this area was that the lighting was good and no one else was around. We also had the backdrop of trees and bushes so it wouldn’t be overly distracting. We filmed the last section which was just the parts of the race and the ending. 

We had to reshoot the scene where Jorge overtakes me a few times but we eventually got it. We then followed that by having Hadar be the finish line and we had to high-five her hand. I decided to throw in a fall to make Jorge’s victory seem even more pronounced. 

I have to say, even though it was hot it was quite a fun of an experience. Being outside is always very fun and running around with my friends makes it even better. Even though we were doing wo
rk we all still had a lot of fun. Though it was extremely hot out, I can’t wait to go film again. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Partners, again!

Editing: Experimentation

Script Blog